Along the Canal Romantic Suite
Navigli areais one of the most distinctive and typical quartersof Milan.
Up to the Middle Age the town was suffering from its geographical position, far from the sea, quite far from the river: communications and trades were difficult.
The Canals system was thus projected and realized in order to help the development of the town. Leonardo da Vinci was one of the main engineers to manage the constructions. Till the beginning of last century Milan wasentirely crossed by Canals, but most of them have been coveredbefore the Second World War in 1930 for health problems, apart from Naviglio Grande, Pavese and Martesana.
The apartment is located in a courtyard belonging to the 18th Century, at the beginning of the left side of the Canal. The address is RIpa di Porta Ticinese, 17
The area is pedestrian only. Bars and restaurants along the Canal create a lively atmosphere after 5/6 pm. Before that time life along the Canal is slow and out of times…
From the apartment it is easy to go to the Duomo central area, walking for approx 25 minutes through Piazza 24 Maggio, Corso di porta Ticinese, via Torino.
The metro station Porta Genova green line 2 is 8 minutes on foot from the apartment.
The tram line 29 (directed to Stazione Centrale) and the tram line 3 (directed to Duomo) are both at 5 minutes walk.
Metro station is 300 meters far (s. Ambrogio, line 2 going to Central Railway station).
GETTING THERE….and away
Public transport in Milan is by far the best one you can find in Italy. Means of transportation are safe, frequent (not on Sundays), economic and the network is complete. It is a perfect mix of tram, metro and bus.
Tickets cost 1,5 euro, you can use all means, up to 90 minutes. In the metro they last 1 trip and you can pay with credit card. Travel cards are also available
FROM LINATE AIRPORT
• Buy ticket of public transport at the machine outside the arrivals, price 1,5€, duration 90 mins.
• Take the bus #73 directed to Duomo (it is the only bus leaving from the airport!), leave the bus at terminus, which is ideally Duomo but actually at one side of the Cathedral in piazza Diaz.
• Take the tram # 3 at the beginning of via Torino (right side), which is one of the streets departing from piazza Duomo.
• Leave the tram # 3 in Piazza 24 Maggio, cross the big square and walk along the Canal on the right (named Naviglio Grande or Ripa di Porta Ticinese) . Keep the left side and arrive to number 17.
FROM MALPENSA AIRPORT
The apartment is very well linked to Malpensa Airport.
• From both terminal 1 and 2 follow the directions for TRAIN, once in the station catch the train going to CADORNA STATION, (not Central Station) . Tickets cost 13 euro each and you can buy them at the machines or or at the ticket office. They run from early morning to midnight. The duration of the trip is 36 minutes.
• From Cadorna Station to the apartment take the metro line 2 green direction Assago;
• Leave the metro in Porta Genova station
• Outside the metro station, walk in via Vigevano, take the first right turn (via Corsico) and arrive to the small bridge over the Canal. Cross it. Turn left along the canal and look for number 17…
FROM BERGAMO ORIO AL SERIO AIRPORT
• Choose one of the many buses outside the airport going to Milano Centrale Stazione, according to price (from 8 euro) and time of departure
• Once in Stazione Centrale of Milan, take metro line 2 green, direction Assago. Leave the metro in Porta Genova station
• Outside the metro station walk in via Vigevano, take the firs right turn (via Corsico) and arrive to the small bridge over the Canal. Cross it. Turn left along the canal and look for number 17…
FROM STAZIONE CENTRALE DI MILANO TRAIN STATION
• Take metro line 2 green, direction Assago. Leave the metro in Porta Genova station
• Outside the metro station walk in via Vigevano, take the first right turn (via Corsico) and arrive to the small bridge over the Canal. Cross it. Turn left along the canal and look for number 17…
ARRIVING BY CAR
Driving in Milan is a nightmare, not only for the traffic but also for the rules and the restrictions. The area of the apartment is pedestrian, this means that you should park in one of the following car parks and walk a few minutes to the apartment (the cost is averagely 25 euros per day):
• Piazzale di Porta Genova
• Via Col di Lana 2/4
• Via Gola 16/6
If you arrive by car but you will not use it during your stay, a good idea could be to stop in Famagosta car Park, virtually far but very well connected by metro 2 green. It is also very cheap (approx 8,00 euros per day).
- Guests: 2
- Amenities: air-conditioning, free wi-fi, hairdryer, in-room safe, minibar, oversized windows
- Size: 45m²
Prices start at: €85 per night